Monday, January 7, 2013

Modest Monday: Coffeeshop Comfy



Just joining the Modest Monday party? Here's the original post. Each Monday, I post a modest, stylish outfit that I wear along with some thoughts on modesty. 

Why? Because I believe you don't have to sacrifice fashion for purity. 
 Modesty does not equal frumpy. These are outfits I really, truly wear in my day-to-day life. I'm a girl determined to live a life of purity, modesty, and plenty of style. :)
__________________________________

Back to the coffeeshop today! I took my little sisters out for some girl time, and went for a comfortable and casual yet cute look. 

Shirt: Gap
Camisole: thrifted
Pants: Banana Republic (thrifted!)
Belt: Premier Jewelry
Purse: thrifted
Cardigan: Merona for Target (quality-looking brand for everyday price - love)
Nude flats: Lower East Side from Payless



Dark nails? Check. 
Detailed bag? Check. 
Cardigan for a rainy day? Check! 
I adore this shoes so. 
I picked them up on sale after Christmas: I've been wanting some glossy neutral flats that would go with anything. They've been all the rage lately, but I didn't want to shell out money for an expensive pair since I do so much walking. Also, despite my name, I am not the most graceful person in the world. ;) 


So I happily snatched up this pair when I found them on sale. Comfy, classic, and versatile, and inexpensive? Well worth the wait!

In addition to my purse, I toted along my laptop and planner in a messenger bag I made for a Theater Costume class I took at Baylor this fall. 


I chose bright Indian colors and mixed patterns for a cheery yoga bag feel. And it even has side pockets for an iPhone. 


Winter flavors!
Our trio of drinks: a frozen gingercreme mocha and hot chocolate for my sisters and a pumpkin cream cocoa latte for me. So, so good. Blissful happiness in a cup. 



And of course, a beanie to add to the hipster-ness. ;)

Your turn! Show me your Modest Monday. Link up your outfit (it can be as casual or gussied up as you want).

Don't have a blog?

 Email (raewyn83@gmail.com)
 Instagram (raewyn83) 
or Tweet (@GracefulEats) 

me a pic of your outfit with hashtag #modestmoday if you'd like to see it featured on the blog!

{Catching up on Modest Monday? Check out all the previous weeks here.}

6 comments:

  1. You are so pretty and stylish and yes! graceful as well! I've thought about joining you... but then I see how awesome your outfits are, and I know I can't compete. But maybe... maybe I will ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, you are so sweet, Amanda! Thank you! I am definitely not the perfect fashionable girl who has it all together...I go through five outfits sometimes before I settle on one I like - just like any girl! And then I have my days where I stay in yoga pants and a t-shirt. You should most certainly join me - I can't wait to see your outfits! :)xoxo

      Delete
  2. Hey Grace!

    I love the color combo; it's perfect for weather like this! You are so pretty!

    Hope you have a wonderful New Year!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke, Maria! You're too kind - thanks for saying hi. :) I hope you had a wonderful New Year's too, girlie!

      Delete
  3. Awww- this is so cute! Modest mondays. :) Although, I only post Sundays and sometimes wednesdays and sometimes fridays. If I could have someone who had time to take outfit pics of me on command, that would help a lot, heheh.

    I am your NEWEST follower on GFC! I look forward to more posts. You know, I was actually homeschooled for a while! :) Oh, I also wanted to invite you to join "Bloggers Against Social Injustice". It's a bloggers network where we come together from around the world to take a stand against human trafficking. I am actually the co-founder. I would love to have fellow Catholic homeschooler girly as part of the BASI family. Here is the link >> www.beyoutifulhope.blogspot.com << if you click the "JOIN" page you can add a badge to your page, then email me at cdtjahja@gmail.com so I can add you to our "who" page and to our directory!

    Your sister in Christ,
    Christine
    www.beyoutifulhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I hope you can stop by my bloggie and follow me back too(if you like it)!

    -Christine(again) ^_^

    ReplyDelete

'lo!

Please keep in mind words can make one's day, or ruin it...so be kind..thank you!