Feminine Friday: Miss Marple Meets Lady Mary

Saturday, December 29, 2012


Hello! I'm joining Deanna for Feminine Friday, over at A Heart Like Mary's, "by wearing a skirt or dress to celebrate our beautiful gift of femininity." Check out her lovely grey and magenta outfit from yesterday!  I'm feeling a bit under the weather, so I wasn't able to take pictures yesterday, but here is what I wore.




Skirt: thrifted
Sweater: thrifted
Shirt: Gap (thrifted)
Crocheted headband: Pacific Sun
Belt: Premier Jewelry necklace
Shoes: Lower East Side flats from Payless
Poncho: Last Kiss
Pea coat: Pacific Sun


I love everything about this headband, from the bright color to the way it doubles as an ear-warmer. I helped my younger brother pick it out as a Christmas present for myself. He has excellent taste! *cough*


The plaid "tweed" feel of the cape-like poncho and the classic leather handbag made me feel as if I had been transported to the charming English countryside and like I was a proper respectable Englishwoman. 


In other words, Agatha Christie's sweet old sleuth, Miss Marple!


A ruffly black skirt, glitter flats, and a jeweled belt for a modern touch. 




The fabulous thing about outfits is how you can switch them around.
 From Miss Marple...
to Lady Mary ala Downton Abbey


Structured pea coat: none of the young ladies of Downton Abby would leave the house on a blustery, chilly day without a gorgeous coat. 


      Long, sweeping skirt edged with ribbon + glittery flats. Very high fashion in the English countryside. ;)



 Je adore!

Happy Saturday, friends! I'm off to drink some tea and do some writing...hopefully that'll help me be beat my winter cold soon. 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Deanna said...

I love your entire outfit- especially your poncho, it looks so cozy! Enjoy your weekend and I hope you feel better soon. (: