Bring on the Bold!

- Reemerging from the land of finals/Dead Days over here at college to wish you a happy December. Keep me in your prayers this week, please!

Hello, lovelies!

  It's been quite a few weeks since my last post and quite a few Mondays since my last Modest Monday...I've been buried in essays, great texts, and fake blood over here. Yep, you read that correctly - part of my duties as being on the costume crew for the Greek tragedy Hecuba involved slathering actors in fake blood.

 Hecuba finished up before Thanksgiving, so my only-somewhat insane schedule has been reinstated. That week was just sheer, utter madness. I've never been so tired and hungry in my life - and that was as the crew, not one of the actors!

Anyhoo...it's December! Say whaaaaaaat?

 Over here in Texas, the weather's still being bipolar. One day was 82 degrees and the next was in the 40s. Can we say indecisive, mmh?

 But anyways, there's a chill in the air (on some days at least), red cups at Starbucks, the reappearance of boots, an explosion of holiday treats, and all's well in the world. Since Thanksgiving flew by, Advent'has started, and Christmas is only a few weeks away, I'm all for enjoying every drop of the holiday season that I can.

 So with great ado, here's some of my favorite ways to be bold and some of my favorite things about this holiday season:

 Making some Christmas cookies.
 Peppermint sugar cookies are a good starting place.



Enjoying Starbucks' red cups and holiday flavors (Peppermint Mocha or Gingerbread, anyone?) with some God time during this Advent season. 




Bringing out a few Christmas decorations. Side note: Starbucks has the cutest military bears.



Pumpkin Spice Caramel cupcakes - yes, pumpkin is still in!



Peanut butter-filled pretzel bites. So. Addicting. I fully blame Jenn for this. Don't say I didn't warn you!



Using cheery red planners, colored pens, and winter lodge stationary to plan the holiday season and write adorable invitations/thank-you cards  



Christmas stockings - whether in a dorm hall or living room back home, they warm my heart 



Remembering why we say Noel...and preparing our hearts for the most wonderful person during this most wonderful, beautiful time of the year.


Happy Advent, y'all!

Comments

  1. Well, I live close to Chicago and it was 70 degrees here two days ago!

    Somehow Christmas and warm weather don't mix here.

    My late sister (she passed away when my son was a baby) lived in Dallas and then in Mesquite, she would call my mother around Christmas as they celebrated by the pool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe you about the pool, Ms. Brenda! The weather has a mind of its own! I don't mind too much, but it's hard to enjoy cozy tea and holiday cheer when it's sunny and warm...ah, well!

      Delete
  2. ...Peanut butter pretzels... yum! It looks and sounds like you've been keeping busy this semester! Blessed advent (=

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deanna, they are very good... ;) And I've definitely been kept on my toes. How have you been? Busy with wedding planning? Thank you - a blessed Advent to you too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

'lo!

Please keep in mind words can make one's day, or ruin it...so be kind..thank you!