Modest Monday: Bring On the Coats and Cafes



Just joining the Modest Monday party? Here's the original post. Each Monday, I post a modest, stylish outfit that I wear along with some thoughts on modesty. 

Why? Because I believe you don't have to sacrifice fashion for purity. 
 Modesty does not = frumpy. 
These are outfits I really, truly wear in my day-to-day life. I'm a girl determined to live a life of purity, modesty, and plenty of style. :)
_______________________________________________________________



Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, fall! 

You're being rather sporadic and shy. You come and you go, and can't quite make up your mind if you want to stay longer than a day. But on the rare occasions that you have so far, it's been utterly, blissfully lovely. 

Florida can have its perpetual sunny beach weather. 

I'm a boots and scarves girl. 


But I'm especially a coat and cafe (on a crisp, cold, glorious day) girl forever. 

I was happy enough in this outfit...but then I ended up at Panera Bread, which is currently one of my favorite places on earth (Um, can we talk about their ridiculously addictive pumpkin muffins and piping hot soups?), and my day was utterly made. 


Coat: Sunshine Pacific
Cardigan: Jonathon Martin (thrifted)
Skirt (thrifted)
Boots: Passed on zee auntie
Shoulder purse: Ross
Earrings: Clare's
Blossom clip: Forever 21


Ah, zee coat. I love it so. I adore the structured pea coat look with large, elegant buttons and an impeccable cut. 



 Let's talk bags - no, never mind. Let's talk fall hues. I am obsessed with the color mustard. Not only does it work for summer with bright colors, but it carries over perfectly into fall, where it truly shines in all its subtle, yet stylish glory. 
Fall is its season (pun intended. ;) 

 I actually bought this bag the week I moved into college, because all my other purses were too large or the small, handbag size. I needed something light that I could sling across my shoulders when I went around campus. I found this delightful bag for about $10 and I couldn't be happier. It's lightweight, goes with nearly everything because it's a solid, and is casual enough for everyday wear, but seamlessly transitions to church or nicer events. 


And I mean, what's a cold snap if anything but boots weather? 

Especially in Texas. 


Copper-hued boots + grey + mustard + black = fall palate!


Under my coat, I wore a black camisole and a lovely grey print cardigan, compliments of Goodwill. The black-and-grey theme continued with black leggings and a soft, grey knit skirt.




I threw in some shine for fun - silver earrings, copper and cocoa brown glasses (keepin' things classy). 


And just because you can never have too much black - and I was feeling whimsical - a delicate black blossom clip to go with the flower print of the cardigan. 


It was an utterly perfect day for coats and cafes! Now if only those days would come back and stay....
Sigh. 
(Cooooome back, fall! I miss you. I'll bake you pumpkin cookies if you do. Deal?)



Your turn! Show me your Modest Monday. Link up your outfit (it can be as casual or gussied up as you want).

Don't have a blog?
 Email (raewyn83@gmail.com)
 Instagram (raewyn83) 
or Tweet (@GracefulEats) 
me a pic of your outfit with hashtag #modestmoday if you'd like to see it featured on the blog!

Chely, over at her beautiful blog, SoCal Country posted about her Modest Monday and so did Deanna at A Heart Like Mary's. Take a look!

{Catching up on Modest Monday? Check out all the previous weeks here.}

Comments

  1. While you're enjoying your crisp, fall weather, it still feels like summer this week in San Diego. I'm so ready for scarves and sweaters!

    http://aheartlikemarys.blogspot.com/2012/10/modest-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deanna, I've been so wistful and sad lately because it was only cold for a day or two and then it reverted back to summer weather back down here also. I wish it would stop teasing me...I'm ready for cold weather too! And I love your outfit! :)

      Delete
  2. I am so excited and happy for fall it is crazy! :) I don't think I have ever been so happy about a change in season as I am about this one. It makes me so excited for so many reasons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, Elizabeth. It really is my favorite season. :)I feel a bit sad, because it usually starts to get cold in November (and then Christmas is just around the corner) which always flies by quickly. I want to enjoy a nice long fall!

      Delete
  3. Love the outfit! So modest and stylish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love putting them together. :)

      Delete
    2. I really enjoy your blog, keep up the good work!

      ~ J.M.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for reading!

      Delete

Post a Comment

'lo!

Please keep in mind words can make one's day, or ruin it...so be kind..thank you!