Friday Favorites: Fall Edition

Friday, October 26, 2012

It's been a long, jam-packed week, but the weekend is finally here and I can finally breathe a sigh of relief. You know those days where you have so much it's just not logistically possible to do it all? Yep, the past four days have been like those.

But it's Friday! I have class, yes, but only two and then it's sweet, sweet freedom.

So in the celebratory spirit, here are some of my favorite things right now in this lovely fall month of October:


     Bright colors.   


I'm obsessed. Something about wearing jewel hues on chilly, grey days make me oh-so-happy.


                                              Hot chocolate with a side of whipped cream. 

\
Um, yes please. Just do it...it's fall. Life's too short not to enjoy the delightfully sweetened whipped peaks of life.

                                                                        Fall-colored nails.



I'm lovin' the autumn hues: pumpkin-orange, goldburgundy, jungle-red, black, purple, and even grey


Scarves. 


I've been steadfastly rocking them for the past month, regardless of the sunny, warm weather. It's FINALLY getting cool over here and I am so overjoyed about proper scarf weather, it's almost frightening. 


Pumpkin everything. 


Specifically pumpkin scones and my new favorite drink from Starbucks: a nonfat, iced pumpkin-spiced Chai latte. So good. Give it a whirl!


Winter squash. (And my littlest sister.)


Roast it, cube it, saute it, mash it - you name it, I'll eat it. I'm especially fond of butternut, acorn, and pumpkin, but I discriminant against no squash. I love them all. 

Try Jenna's roasted squash soup, this amazing-looking pumpkin fettichini, or this mouthwatering harvest pizza of Jessica's, Angela's black bean and butternut squash burritos, and Emily's fantastic black bean and pumpkin chili <---- I LOVE this + make the recipe every fall!

(And now I'm hungry...)

Happy weekend, friends. Hope it's a lovely one. :) May you breathe deep, sleep well, drink in the sunlight and breeze, and soak up God's goodness. <3 p="p">

2 comments:

  1. Lovely!Jeweled colors are awesome!For sure one of the greatest thing about fall is that everything becomes Pumpkin-ized. :)

    P.S. That burgundy nail color in the second and third picture:what kind is it? XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Pumpkin is the best. And the burgundy nail polish is just a generic brand from the drugstore.

      Delete