Written Bits and Pieces

(I'm heading back to school from spring break, but found this snippet of a silly, random scene I wrote awhile ago and thought I'd share with you. NYC pictures and post coming soon!)

He laughed again and looked at her. "What is your goal in life?"

She looked at him, smiling. "My goal in life?"

He nodded, amused.

"To live." Her smile widened into a laughing curve as she hugged her knees and looked out at the falling leaves. "To have a Homely House. To live in a large, rambling house with large, rambunctious family; have plenty of children; many good strong cups of tea, coffee, and cocoa; a shelf full of my books; an oven full of scones..." She snuck a laughing glance at him. "And a tall, dashing husband with a good temper and fine looks."

He grinned. "Must he be tall?"

A quiet giggle broke through her smile. "Unquestionably."

Comments