Sharing My Heart

Hey, y'all!

 So, Jenna started a blog series on her blog called "Virtual Coffee Date" (inspired by Casey) and I just loved the idea. I love my little blog so much and the sweet girls I've been blessed to get to know through it. Even though you haven't heard too much from me recently (not intentionally, I promise! Schoolwork > internet...), this blog has been in my thoughts...

and in my heart.


 I think God is really placing it on my heart to share more of what I'm going through and speak my heart! There are days when things seem so difficult and overwhelming. Then there's ones where I'm also extremely overwhelmed - but in a good way - with God's goodness.

 And I want to share that with y'all. The good days, the rough ones...the areas in my life where I'm struggling and the areas where I see God working and doing some amazing things. Because He is. Even if I don't realize it! This current part of my life is so very crazy and go-go-go...and I want to make sure I take in the little moments. I want to cherish and use this time that God gave me.

  My burdens, my frustrations, my joyful moments, even my homework is something that He touches. There's a purpose behind it. And I know each of y'all is going through the same thing. So, I want this to be a place where we can share with each other the good and the not-so-easy. Re-affirm one another or share that we're going through something similar.

 Think of it as a virtual coffee/tea date, a place to share our hearts, or maybe just share "I'm tired" or "I'm loving the newest pins on Pinterest." A chance to catch up, share tidbits about our days, and express our dreams. Or just vent about lack of sleep and need for caffeine. ;)


 So without further ado...here's some things that have been on my heart recently:

Sleep is really nice. I haven't been getting much. I keep telling myself it's good training for those sleepless nights during the early stages of parenthood.

I've been pondering passion a lot the past month. Being surrounded by so many college students who don't know what they want to do in life has been eye-opening. While I've always known kids who were unsure about their future path, college has expanded that pool. It's been interesting to see how the experience has defined my goals even more. I've been convicted about what I want in life and where I want my life to take me more than I thought was possible.

 I miss cooking ridiculously. That was a given, but ohhhh, how I miss homemade meals and fresh, organic produce from the farmer's market. And a bevy of healthy, delicious foods/dishes.

Since starting college, I've made some amazing relationships. God has put some fantastic people in my life and I'm so glad I got the chance to get to know them. Every girl on my floor is a sweetheart and our hall's a little family. We watch out for each other,  fold each other's laundry (yep, told you these girls were wonderful!), study + giggle together, and pray for one another's prayer intentions. I'm so very blessed to know them.


But the demands and responsibilities can be extreme...as is the stress. It's a new period of life: one where I am solely in charge of my day-to-day life and everything that needs to be done. Groceries, printing issues, assignments, ect. If I need or want something, I have to go get it. While I've always been pretty independent and know how to manage a schedule, do my own laundry, and motivate myself, I've also had my parents there the past 19 years of my life. They've been there to give me a hand, look over papers, run errands for me when I have a hundred things for me, and in general, be there to help, guide, and support like parents do. While they still do all of the above, it's from a distance now. (During the school year, at least. I'm not going to hide the fact I'm scarily excited for Thanksgiving and Christmas break. ;) As a college student and young adult, I'm responsible for getting myself to class, taking care of myself, cleaning, going to Mass, and studying.



 I won't deny there's been some difficult moments when I wished they were there to automatically fix things (like my bike pedal falling out, my internet going out, order a textbook I suddenly need, buy a folder for an assignment, or call to schedule appointments with professors or advisers). But at the same time, I'm proud of myself for doing all of these things on my own. For proving to myself that I'm capable of it and that I can handle it.

 It's only been one month and I've already learned I'm stronger than I knew. I'm still alive, still here. I may be sleep-deprived and a tad preoccupied, but I'm here. Through God's grace and strength. He keeps me going, as does my family.

So, friends, what's on your heart? What's this month been like for you? Any fellow freshmen out there? :)

Comments

  1. Hi, Raewyn! I'm kind of a new reader, but I loved this post. <3 It sounds like college has been rough and awesome at the same time - you make me look forward to it! :)

    My month has been absolute chaos... We're moving across town, so we've been cleaning and packing and finally the movers came today... We're just so stressed in my house. Living on edge! Dx Hopefully things will get better once we get all unpacked.

    I look forward to your next post! :)

    ~Hero

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Hero! Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. :) And I'm so glad you liked the post - that makes me happy! I want girls (and any guys) to be able to relate to it. Yikes, your month does indeed sound crazy. Moving is always so stressful because there's a million and one things to keep track of. I'll be keeping you in my prayers for a smooth transition. Thank you, dearie!

      Delete
  2. I really like this post! I'm totally swamped by school right now (i.e. I should be doing some right now...) and I'm still not used to having no free time o.O and I'm still trying to figure out a sleeping schedule (so far I keep napping in the afternoons). Hopefully things will settle down...I guess it's good preparation for college life :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carolyn - so glad you liked it. I can completely sympathize with feeling swamped...one day at a time is how we have to look at it! "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..." Praying for you! (Simultaneously happy and slightly envious you're getting naps - how lovely. :)

      Delete
  3. Lovely blog post! Sleep IS very nice, haha. I awarded you over at my blog!

    http://thegoldenroadblog.blogspot.com/2012/10/artsy-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I nominated you for the Super Sweet Blog and the Thought Provoking Award. I love your blog especially the Modest Monday. Keep up the good work and have fun in college. You can pick up the information on my blog about these awards. Thank you for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

'lo!

Please keep in mind words can make one's day, or ruin it...so be kind..thank you!