Pick Yourself Up, Put On Some Lipstick, and Kick Yourself in the Head

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Feelin' stressed?

A little ho-hum?

Busy with chores and "To-Do"s?

Monotonous?

I know how that feels; really, I do. And sometimes - like today - I get that "I've-been-cooped-up-in-the-house-and-need-to-get-out" feeling...

Cuz' sometimes, you just need a kick in the head.




So I ran home in the rain.


(after a youth group thing, with my younger-but-taller brother who comes right after me in the kid line up)

Put on some pretty boots and threw on a cute + comfy outfit,


Headed to the bookstore and sipped on a late-lunch iced latte


And did some writing for my book.


And it felt wonderful...just to glory in some of my favorite things. Could I have spent that time working out or hanging up my clean clothes? Or that $3.65 on something else? Oh yes. But it was worth it. Some days are for doing things that just make you happy. For seeking out the little moments of joy.

For living joyfully. :)

4 comments:

  1. cute post, and beautiful boots! So rugged yet super feminine. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica! They just barely fit.

      Delete
  2. Super outlook on life! I'm all for a little bit of spontaneity. And I LOVE that Dean Martin song. That and "Good Morning Life" are a couple of my favorites to wake up to in the morning.

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny, because I'm the same way, but when push comes to shove, I usually retreat back into my comfort zone. Trying to work on that! Ahh, yes, Dean is fabulous. God bless, Clare!

      Delete