An Award + Some Blog Love

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Hello, hello!

 The lovely Paula over at The Culture Enthusiast was sweet enough to award me the Versatile Blogger Award - thank you, Paula!



 The rules are simple enough:

  • Add the award to your blog + post about it
  • Thank the bloggy award gifter (danke again, Paula!)
  • List the rules
  • List 7 random facts about yourself
  • Award 15 other blogger + comment on their blogs to let them know
Here we go!


1. I'm a hummus addict. I can take a 25 oz. container down. If it lasts more than three days, that's a miracle.

2. I think I've worn out five pairs of yoga pants in the last two years. I love them and wear each pair until it falls apart.

Then I weep for sorrow + buy a new pair.

I may finally have to break down and shell out the big bucks for a Lulu pair.



3. I make a To-Do list. Every. Single. Day.


4. I have a slight nut butter obsession.


Slight.

*cough* Just a smidgen.

(Side note---> I LOATHED pb throughout my childhood + teen years until Jenna got me hooked on almond butter on top of oatmeal...and zee rest is nut butter history.)


5.  97.99% of the time, my hair is pulled back in a half bun-ponytail.


It's fast (takes 30 seconds), furious, and out of my face. I pull it back, twist, and go. On special occasions, I'll actually do something with my hair. ;) The other times it hangs loose and wavy.


6. I'm a Zumba instructor. 


Which basically means I get paid to party! ;)


 I love teaching Zumba - it truly is like no other exercise I've ever tried. A Latin dance-inspired fitness class with a party atmosphere, lots of cheering and yelling, pumpin' music, attitude-filled moves that leaves you drenched with sweat and a huge smile on your face? Yes, please. 


7.   I may or may not have a frozen yogurt addiction....


Ahem.


Now for the bloggers! I tag...

Ms. Charlotte at Waltzing Matilda - A Texan homeschooling Catholic mom, she posts about the liturgical treats and recipes she whips up for feast days, books, her adorable family, and beautiful cakes. 

Jenna of Eat Live Run - I love Jenna's blog! It was the very first "real" blog I ever read outside of a online magazine blog (Self's Eat Like Me). She had just moved to California + posted about wine, cookies, yoga, and almond butter. She still does, but her blog is now mainly about recipes - with plenty of stories and cute tidbits about her life. Goal: meet + cook with her someday!

Mama Pea at Peas and Thank You - She's a hilarious vegan mama raising her kids vegetarian...with plenty of peas AND cookies. She posts fabulous, healthy recipes, wry sarcastic wisecracks, anecdotes about her family, and about her faith. 

Clare who blogs over at Come Further Up - She's a beautiful soul. That's really all you need to know. :) Not only is she one of the sweetest girls I "know", she's also the leading force (and founder) of The Catholic Young Woman, a blog for encouragement + fellowship among Catholic girls. I'm so blessed to know her and call her my adopted "older sister."

Ms. Brenda who writes about her favorite (and some of mine too) things: Coffee, Tea, Books, and Me - she is my adopted bloggy grandmother and I adore her. I found her blog years ago and fell in love with her cozy posts about good books, living a simple life of beauty and contentment, baking, and thrift shopping. We also share a love for Starbucks and their holiday lattes. <3

Maggie of Gussy Sews!  - found her through #SheReadsTruth. She's adorable, joyful, makes me smile, and writes straight from her lovely heart. She also makes the cutest bags/totes/purses/wallets!

Elizabeth or Elenatintil, as she's known online - Director, seamstress, writer, film +book critic, artist, and loving heart. She's all of them and more! Her blog is a staggeringly impressive collection of her passions and hobbies. Talented? Indubitably.

Kacia at CoconutRobot - She's really sweet. A beautiful daughter of Christ. Has white blonde hair that makes me want to go bleach mine. Eloquent writer. Mom to a cuuuute little girl. Co-founded #SheReadsTruth!

The lovely Ms. Sarah of Amongst Lovely Things - I recently discovered her beautiful blog about her precious kiddos, gorgeous yet everyday photography, Catholicism, homeschooling, and her love for parentheses. I love, love, LOVE her blog! And I may or may not want to offer to go bake gluten free goodies for them and rock her little Posy in my arms. (I cook and clean, Ms. Sarah - just sayin' ;) )

The mommy behind Naptime Diaries (and also #SheReadsTruth), Ms. Jessi - She's real, honest, writes from her heart about God and her family, has the most adorable smile and crazy-in-a-cool-way hair. I'm a fan!

 Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks - My fairy (read: real life) godmother/sweet friend/mentor/second mother, Ms. Cay. Her posts never fail to move me - she's such a wonderful writer who sees the beauty in everyday life. She writes about the Cajun life and mothering five kids. Love her.

Ms. Jessica {Yes, I read lots of Catholic/Christian homeschooling mommy blogs and love them :)} writes Under a Shower of Roses - this lady is really something. She posts about her baby, some insanely cute + creative litergitcal feast day treats, and her 7 chitlins. Oh, and she's extremely sweet!

Liz over at Sunny Side Up! I met her through The Catholic Young Woman and am so fervantly glad for  the blessing of knowing her. She's perfectly sweet, funny, writes with a lovely grace that is also down-to-earth-real. She's a kindred spirit - and I hope we can meet one day! What a long chat-and-giggle-fest  we'll have. :)

And lastly, the Clarkson gals. Sally (I Take Joy), her oldest daughter Sarah (Thoroughly Alive) and her youngest Joy (Joyness the Brave). These three beautiful women impart such grace and truth; my soul is always refreshed by a visit to their blogs and by their lovely words. 




Pffff....whew. That was a long post. Kudos if you're still reading!

Hello? 

*cricket* 

(New post on my food blog, Graceful Eats!)

8 comments:

  1. Thank you VERY much!

    It is always good to have someone say they like my blog but especially my bloggy granddaughter. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are VERY welcome, Ms. Brenda! I'm very fond of your blog - and you. )

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the mention!

    It was so much fun reading about you, and seeing those Zumba pictures! It looks like the sort of thing I'd enjoy doing (dancing is one of my favorite pastimes) if I didn't live out in the wilderness. *smiles* Maybe if we get together in the next year or two you can teach me some stuff?

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, Clare! Haha, I think you would have a blast doing Zumba...if you ever get a chance to try it, I recommend it! And teaching you would be so much fun. We'll add that to our "To-Do-Together" list. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm honored to be mentioned for this award, dear Grace, and am enchanted to be included with so many bloggers I enjoy visiting as well. What a beautiful thing to be part of this enchanted circle of soul-workers. Love it! Love you more. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm honored to know you - one of my favorite bloggers - in person! You never fail to teach + love me or make me laugh in some way. I agree with you - it's a beautiful community of souls! Love you lots. :)

      Delete
  4. Dearest Grace thank you for the lovely compliments :) I didn't see this post the first time you published...it was during my finish-school-hermitify stage. *ahem* But I'm so blessed to have found another sweet sister (since I don't have any real sisters)!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome, Liz dear. :) Haha, I know how those stages go! And I'm so glad to have another sister also!

      Delete