Taming of the Shrew: The Aftermath (with words)

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

(Just to fill in any missing spaces... ;)

7th Shakespeare play (and 4th to direct)? Check.
 9 tired, but satisfied cast members? Check.
1 sleepy directress? Check. 



Bright lips? Yes, indeedy.



What happens when you give a hungry 15 year old Grumio a garlic roll.



Post play outfit - ultra comfy and chic.



Adorable blue and black striped dress, leggings, and my dearly-loved orange creamsicle Crocs ----> read: the only kind of Crocs that will ever touch my feet. They are so comfortable, but look like real shoes! I've gotten so many compliments on them.



(Check out this precious whale purse, given to me by one of my Second Mothers! She knew the state of my current purse (Yes, I'm fully aware how sad that is. I'm a procrastinator, so help me),


 so she found the above whale purse in a thrift store and very sweetly surprised me with it. She even looked up the brand and discovered it's a vegan bag line called Bungalow 360! Which is highly hilarious and oh so fitting because I love all things vegetarian and vegan.



Myself, still in make-up for Katherine, and a good friend who played Petruchio. I should add I'm 4'9 and he's 6'3 - we made it work! And his sister provided the lipstick stain on his cheek in a sacrifice for the theater....we decided to keep our play PDA-free. ;)

All in all, it was a highly crazy, fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants night, but one that ended with lots of laughs, good friends, frozen yogurt, and quite a bit of this....

2 comments:

  1. Wow! 4'9"? That's tiny -- and this is coming from someone who's 5'1". Petite chics rule! :)

    Glad to hear everything worked out!

    xx,
    Liz B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, Liz. I'm pretty tiny height-wise... and I look even smaller next to my friend who played Petruchio! Short girls assuredly do rule. ;)

    ReplyDelete