Bonjourrrrrrrrrrrr!

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Who's ready for the weekend?

(Ignore the fact that the weekend technically started yesterday [Friday].) As a student taking classes at my local college I have three classes every Friday....so, Saturday is usually when my weekend starts.

Except, you know, I usually spend my weekends studying or reading blogs. Heh. Life of the party, that's me. (Shhh. Our secret.)

 And considering finals start on Monday - pray for me! - I'll be spending a good portion of tomorrow and Sunday studying also. Oy vey.

 But it's all good, because I'm planning to sleep for a nice even number of hours, cheer on some graduating homeschooler - oh, yes...and attend an ice cream party. My heart fills with happiness just thinking about it. Never mind that it's a little girl's party for my younger siblings's friend. It's an ice cream birthday party out in the country where her family has some property and a pond.

Sunshine, ice cream sundaes and cupcakes on a Saturday? Um, yes, please.

Side note -  I may sound just a tad more random that usual. It's been a looong day. Some friends and I may or may not have dressed up and gone to the midnight premier of the Avengers


Ladies and gents (if there are any reading, that is - I think the female readers of this blog vastly outnumber the male ones...), from left to right: Thor (de-cloaked), Sif (de-armored), moi = the Black Widow, i.e. Scarlett Johansson's character (de-redhaired), the Ultimate Superhero Fangirl (attired in a superhero-themed shirt and a Captain America headband), Ironman (in a leather jacket), and Captain America (also in a leather jacket).

We were a fierce group....mess with young adults' sleep and this is what happens:


I may or may not have gotten 6 1/2 hours of sleep and then had to get up for classes.

I may or may not have stuffed 75 (only half of the invite list) graduation invitations.

I may or may not have spent half the day glued to the computer writing an essay that was due at midnight but completely did not succeed in making the deadline. (Thankfully it was for bonus points so I still have two more days to work on it. But still....bonus points are nice. They make a student's heart flutter and ease the "my-life-is-over-because-I'm-probably-going-to-get-poor-grade" fears. We all know we all secretly have them, friends.)

....and no, I certainly did not have two slices of the best espresso chocolate bundt cake today (which was one slice split in two, in all honest actuality).


Why do you ask?

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

ElsieZyel said...

I love it! I may or may not have gotten 5 hrs sleep last night and then gone on to take the SAT. Yeah. Thank God for 2 minute brownies! If you ask nicely I'll share the recipe.;)

Raewyn said...

Oh my! ....that is extremely impressive, Elsie. Especially considering it's the SAT that penalizes for incorrect answers. I would have panicked! You should be very proud of yourself! And I'll ask nicely. Please? :)

ElsieZyel said...

Oh, great, now you've scared me. :)Does retrospective praying work? I'm trying it.

Anyway, here's the recipe:

1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp all purpose flour
1 tbsp baking cocoa powder
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp water
1 dash of salt
10-25 chocolate chips if you like
who doesn't :D )
Mix everything together in a small mug or bowl and microwave on high for 45 seconds on high power. Enjoy! (I stole this from Food Network Magazine)

This is about 215 calories without the chocolate chips, but I sometimes double the recipe. It's still way better than making a big batch and eating five. :)

Note: Err on the side of under-cooking since there are no eggs in the batter.

Let me know if you try it!

ElsieZyel said...

Wait, stop, ignore the cooking time in my other comment! I realized I gave you the cooking time for the double batch. Sorry! For the recipe I gave you you only need to cook it for 30 seconds. :P