Beyond the Internet: Choosing Moderation

(Proverbs 4:23) 
"With closest custody (diligence), guard your heart, for in it are the sources of life."

Moderation, in all things, is an admirable goal.

 Jane Austen, whose many characters exemplified that virtue - or lack thereof - readily illustrated the fact in her writing. No doubt the humble authoress herself held and practiced that belief whether about a cup of tea or the recounting of a story. 



So as I was perusing this charming little guide, I found myself asking myself, "Just what am I being diligent in? Reading the Bible - or checking Facebook?" (Sadly, it's often been the latter.)

Join me at The Catholic Young Woman today for a discussion on how the things we devote our attention to reveal where our heart lies....where are you choosing to spend your time? With God, studying His Word or living out your duty as a daughter/sister? Or do you find yourself dedicating your time and energy to our  social media, so luring yet so time-consuming? 

Comments