A Moment to Breathe Amidst the Busyness

Sunday, January 29, 2012


Oof.
It's been one of those days.
"One of those crazy days..." (Any Sinatra fans out there? ;)

Classes at my local college. Practicing for a Shakespeare competition (it's amazing how summing 'charming spells and pariapts' and reciting a sonnet can drain you). Teaching a class of 8th graders. Being sore from an intense workout yesterday.
...all to say, I'm physically + mentally weary.

The kicker? Tomorrow's an even longer day, with a mile-long to-do list.
So first, before the craziness starts and I hit the ground to start running, I plan to...

Breathe.

Take a juicy, restorative yoga class.



Drink in the sunlight and scent of coffee.


Make a mug of my favorite hot tea.

Eat a gorgeous salad.

And some dark chocolate with sea salt.

Read Sally's blog.

Retreat to a coffeeshop even if only for a few minutes...


One brief morning of my favorite things, of ministering to my soul with beauty and peace will help me through the rest of the day. It will leave me renewed and ready to ninja-kick everything I need to do.

And then I'll go home and do my favorite - and most needed - pastime.

Sleep. :)

6 comments:

  1. Mmm, that sounds like a wonderful way to relax!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My idea of a perfect day. :)Thanks so much for stopping by, Elsie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And take a moment to say a prayer for your big sister, that she finishes her letter to you and gets it posted. :) Much love to you! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check! I'll offer up my Mass intention for you. :) Miss and love you, Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Long time no talk.

    Just dropped by to see how you were doing and what was up in your world. Looks like you've been super busy!
    Hope you have a great day

    Judi
    PS: That coffee house is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Judi! It's good to hear from you again...how've you been? Hope things have been well. :)

    Yes, I've certainly been busy - and it looks like I'll continue to be! But that's a good thing. Yes, the coffeeshop is very nice - I wish we had it here in town. I didn't have a picture of mine, so I found this one. Our Starbucks is pretty nice too, though. :)

    ReplyDelete