An Outstanding October

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Hallo, friends!


Whew...I know it sounds cliche, but September went by so quickly! I blinked and it was October...how did that happen? Regardless, I am so. Pumped. For. Fall.

I can't wait for the tree leaves to explode with color....


The air to get cool, crisp, and invigorating as a cup of sparkling apple cider.


Long sleeved sweater weather, decorating the house with squash and gourds, drinking hot chocolate and lattes (when it's not bright and sunny outside).  And pumpkin recipes out of the wazoo. ;)  

Delicious Autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the world seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

It's doesn't feel like fall yet here in the South, but everyone else seems to be feeling the exhilarating chill in the air, so I'm hoping we're next!  I love, love, love fall. There's something about the season: starting school back uo, getting in the swing of weekly activities again...my pep, creativity, and drive always abound in the autumn. It inspires productivity, I tell you! I may grumble about getting out of bed, but once I'm up, I can't wait to spend the day checking off my To-Do list. 


Inspired by Gina's 10 Ways to Make October Outstanding, I put together a list of my own (although I definitely want to follow hers as well!).

Eight Ways to Make October Outstanding

1. Take daily walks in and soak up the beautiful sunshine

2. Have an Octoberfest (a non-beer one, haha) party - a fall party, if you will. 

3. Practice yoga weekly (3x)

4. Pizzzzzoooooki!!!!

5. Roast my first butternut squash of the season

6. Finish every last word in the draft for my book.

7. Decide on dress sketch (my besties and I are making our dresses for an upcoming winter formal)

8. Something to do with writing (and fall)...it's the the works, so we'll see if it pans out. :)


There's a harmony in autumn, and a luster in its sky, which through the summer is not heard or seen, as if it could not be, as if it had not been!~Percy Bysshe Shelley

P.S. I updated the blog template - thought it was time for something new. Hope y'all like the new look! :)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Mom said...

Love it!

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

How wonderful to "see" you again! I have missed you, at least I know you were "there" even if I didn't see you. :)

Raewyn said...

Thank you, Mommy. :)

Ms. Brenda~ So good to "see" you again too! Thank you so much for your sweet words. :) Yes, I'll be sure to make sure you can see me from now on!

Monica said...

I *just* got that comment you left on my blog :). My comments go to my Mom's email address, so yeah x). I do a lot of that cover stuff, it's insane...:)

Anyway, somehow your posts always looks so put together!
Falls my favorite time of year, it really is, I'm not a of winter fan sadly enough, the idea of winter maybe, but not the actual season. But autumn's just gorgeous. :D Post again soon, please! :)


~Monica

Raewyn said...

Hey, Monica! How have you been? It's so good to hear from you. :) Haha, that's ok. Your cover art was so impressive. You're very sweet, thank you! I agree, I love Fall...I wish people weren't already in the Christmas mindset. I want to enjoy Fall for a few more weeks. Thank you again for letting me know there's someone out there reading! :)