I have a sneaking suspicion I'm secretly British...

Saturday, September 3, 2011

If not that, then it must be in my blood somehow, for I've an unholy love for English books, pubs, roaring fires, and tea.

Scones make my heart pitter patter.

 I adore rainy days and galoshes.

I secretly wish Americans said "mates."

Even though I vehemently loathed eggs and bacon with a passion growing up, I frequently have eggs, toast, and tea for breakfast now.

I've already had four cups of tea. And it's only 8:30 in the morning.

I love the country - lush, green, rolling hills especially -, adore British accents, and I even drove on the wrong side of the road my first time behind the wheel. (Ahem. It was at night in an empty parking lot with my mom, for the record. ;) Heh.

 I also think Shakespeare must be read and acted in a British accent.

My heart longs for cobblestone streets.

 I have a deep and abiding love for fish and chips.

In short, I am a Anglophile.

I am also of the decided opinion that teatime should be reinstated - bring back the tea, Paul Revere!

(...Of course, all of this is typed with a straight face. My personality decidedly reflects my actual heritage which is Hispanic. Hm, calm, cool, reserved, logical, astute, and thoroughly respectable? Dear me. I'm not British at all!)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way, except about Ireland.

Raewyn said...

Ireland is another place I love!