Success!

Monday, December 6, 2010

Well, my experiment turned out better then I hoped - not only did I make it through the dress rehearsal, but both performances of Romeo and Juliet! Thank you all so much for your well wishes! :)

It ended up being a blast...I really think I was running on adrenaline. Thursday's run through went well; we performed the next night, as well as Saturday night. It's been an amazing journey and one I am so proud to have taken with our group of kids/friends, especially my dear friend and co-director/fellow actor, Kilah. :)



Here's me after Friday's show with my youngest brother, Little Man - most of the cast and crew went out to Wendy's afterward to eat. (I opted for some oatmeal from home, hence the Coca-Cola lunchbox!) My hair is naturally wavy but we straightened it for the play...

Shrieks of laughter, arm wrestling, and really bad knock-knock jokes ensued at the restuarant. I went home floating on clouds with numb and limp wrists...ah, the theatre! Or should I say, ah, homeschoolers!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Rose Marchen said...

I am so glad everything went well! Great job honey!

Autumn said...

Congrats!!! What an achievement! I am soooo happy for you that all went well. I would adore seeing pictures of you in Juliette costume. Pretty please. :(
Blessings
Autumn.

Victoria Rose said...

Good for you Grace! It's great to see a picture of you. :) I still have pics of you, Rachel, and me trying to squish in one chair at the get-together '09. :P

~Vicki

Judi said...

Your picture's pretty! I'm glad you had fun with the play. I'd love to do that one someday. I've always liked Romeo and Juliet.

I can't believe you did all that recently and I had no idea. I've been so out of the blogging world lately, which I hate.

But a lot of...things have happened in my family since the last time I updated my blog. I can't really talk about it in a comment on a blog. I'm thinking about starting a new blog as well as keeping up with my old one. I'm hoping to be updating again soon.

Judi

~Keaghan~ said...

It was quite a success, wasn't it? :)

I think Friar Laurence *points to self* did pretty well too. ;) LOL...kidding. Everyone did a great job learning their lines, cues, blocking...it was amazing how smoothly it went.

And since you mentioned oatmeal...I had some for breakfast yesterday with flax and crunchy peanut butter and brown sugar...mmm, it was good!

~Keaghan

Raewyn said...

Thanks, Mamma Rose! *GLOMPS* Definitely felt the prayers - no one fainted! *cheers triumphantly*

Autumn~ Thank you so much, dearie! Haha, I shall be happy to oblige. I absolutely loved all of my costumes, especially the balcony one. :)

Vickie~ Gracias! *hugs* Haha, I want to see it! :) Oh, we had so much fun, didn't we? I miss you and Lizzie - how are y'all?

Judi, you are so sweet -thank you! I felt so pretty that night. :) You should! I 100% recommend you going for it...I never would have thought I'd end up doing what I am now, but anything is possible! Life's an adventure, so go get it! :D Gahhh, me too. I've been a really bad blogger and keeper-up-er with everyone's blogs. :( Aw, I'm sorry to hear things have "happened". I'm here if you need to talk/vent. I'll shoot you an email, girlie.

Raewyn said...

Keaghan~ :) Yes, everyone did a great job - including you of course! You really did amazing, handling all of those lines!

Haha, only the best breakfast in the world! ;) Sounds yummy!