Just to clarify -

My mother rather insisted I make some matters clear...

The date that I went on was NOT a romantic date. At all. However, it was a lovely evening with a friend. In my family, my mom or dad will go out on "dates" with us; it's a special night with just one on one time with that person. We call it date night...I was also using the word "date" to a describe my friend who took me out to dinner.

It was quite a something when I arrived home from Mass and my mother asked if I had met a boy at church. Um, no!

So, my dears, I am sorry to have led you on - I had wanted to post a picture of my friend and I, and do a separate post about the dinner/my birthday. It was not a romantic date in the very least, and there's absolutely no possibility that it was/could be.

Kilah, a very good friend, surprised me the Saturday before my birthday by taking me out to dinner. She showed up on my doorstep wearing a new elegant and tasteful black leather jacket, with orchids in her hand. She is one of the sweetest, kindest girls I have ever met, and a very good friend. She had decided to treat me to dinner as my birthday present. So, we went outside where her older sister and father were waiting in her sister's new silver car, and they drove us to the restaurant. Kilah and I had a blast that night, laughing, talking, and enjoying our meal. It was a wonderful evening with a wonderful friend.

There, that is all. I hope you aren't disappointed or upset with me! Please know I would never really go on a date with a boy, and neither would my parents ever let me go on one alone. I firmly intend to court, and that will be when I am older. I also hope I haven't given anyone the wrong idea...I have a small group of friends who are all dear old-fashioned friends and we often get together for a girls' date night at one of our houses. This was just simply my first time going out to dinner with a friend without all of our families being there as well. :)

Comments

  1. ~Ryleigh/Keaghan~March 23, 2010

    ...and now it all makes sense.

    I had a strong, strong feeling that it was NOT a "romantic" date, so that's why I originally thought it was your dad...and then you said it wasn't and I kind of freaked. LOL.

    Glad you had a great b-day surprise.

    And I totally agree with/ support you on the "waiting/courting not dating" topic. *thumbs up and hearty nod*

    Love ya, Wyn.

    ~Ry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww shoot. I wanted to be the mother of the bride. ;)

    JOKING!!!!

    Seriously though, that sounds like way more fun than a romantic date! Hmm... my bestie's b-day is coming up... I may have to steal that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *wipes sweat from brow* Whew! You really had me worried there, Grace. I was begining to think...never mind. :P I love you and I'm glad you had a great time out! Be sure to let me know when you DO go out on an offical date, though. ;)

    ~Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. *giggles* Y'all are thillies :P

    And that does sound like fun. :P But you shouldn't call it a date unless you want to confuse people, Glacey! Thilly cuzzy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry again to cause you guys panic - it was oodles of fun though to hear y'all's reactions! ;)

    *agrees with Keaghan*

    Definitely an awesome idea, Mamma Rose! I'm sure your bestie will love it.

    Auntie Vicky, don't worry, I won't ever be going out on a "real" date. I want to court!

    I know...thilly, thilly of me, Glanta. ;) I shan't do it again, promise.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

'lo!

Please keep in mind words can make one's day, or ruin it...so be kind..thank you!