Christmas is here!!!!

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Merry Christmas, everyone! Happy Birthday to Jesus, the Christ-Child! Not only that, but today is the feast of the Holy Family. :)

As this blessed season of Christmas continues, I hope you all have a wonderful time! I know I am extrodinarily thankful that it is not just one day, but an entire season....it gives us such a richer, sweeter and happier opportunity to celebrate the most special day of all, and even "do-over". Maybe we snapped and spoke harshly at one point, maybe we wouldn't share a toy, maybe we forgot to sing Happy Birthday to Baby Jesus....or, maybe, we tried and we tried but could not make it. Christmas came though, and it is here, and the Christ-Child is in our hearts and families. Today and all the days following it are days of joy! A child has been born to us, who is the Son of God, who so loves us, that He humbled Himself to be a tiny infant, growing into a man who hoped, loved, wept, and bore burdens, just like us. :)

We were blessed to go to Midnight Mass with the Bishop, in the cathedral, which was truly beautiful...and we sat in the very front in the third pew closest to the alter!! After returning home, the kiddos fell asleep after chatting excitedly, Mommy, Daddy and I stayed up to finish wrapping, and then a quiet descended over the house. I dozed lightly for an hour or so and then woke the kids up at 7:00/7:30, who woke Mommy and Daddy up and then we all rushed for the stockings and then the tree. It was a lovely Christmas looking back, and it didn't go quite according to plan -but it was Jesus' day, not ours, not mine.

Oooohhh - my parents got me a CAMERA!!! *squee* Now I can finally take pictures! I'd upload all the ones I've already taken, but I don't know how to do that yet. ;) Today is going to be one of relaaaaaaxation....it's Sunday, so my dad has the day off. Today, I'm really going to rest my body, mind and soul, and meditate on the loveliest Christmas gift, the newborn babe...

Off to write!

Merry Christmas once more! :)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

√čarwen said...

Ah, hello!
Pleasure to meet Grace's characters.
Mine are being pretty co-operative, are *you*?
*scowls threateningly*
Oh, and I'm so glad you liked my Christmas presents ^_^

ourspareoom said...

Well, I'm late I know, but Merry Christmas to you too! I do definitely know the feeling of Christmas not going the way it was supposed to... but turning out beautifully anyway.
~Meg

Rose Marchen said...

Merry Christmas sweetheart!

Raewyn said...

Earwen~ And they are so pleased to meet you! I hope yours are cooperating! ;) My pleasure - your gifts are so pretty.

OurSpareOom ~ No, never too late...thanks for your Christmas greetings. Yes, it turned out loverly after all. :)

Merry Christmas, Mamma Rose!! *GLOMPS*

Judi said...

Grace,

I'm glad you had a good Christmas. Mine was one of the best (even though the giant box underneath the tree wasn't Edward Cullen wrapped for me) :P

I'm glad to see you back on the blog, or maybe it's me that's been off....IDK

-Judi

Raewyn said...

Thanks Judi! So happy to hear you had a good one too.... *giggles* Well, you know, I wouldn't have minded opening a similar gift myself! ;) LOL, you are too funny!! *hugs Judi consolingly*

Ha, maybe it's both of us. Missed ya, girl. It's great to hear from you again!

~Grace