A Numb Mouth, Re-Confident Spirit and Ready to Start Running

Monday, August 31, 2009

Today went well....I discovered pain-numbing medicine that thankfully and blissfully numbed my gums and gave me some relief, thanks be to God. I'm sure a larger part of it was all the prayers as well - thank you so much! :)

Didn't get much school done today, but took some brownies I had made last night to one of our employees who had her first day back at the store after being out for nearly six months after falling and breaking her hip in December. She grinned when she saw me and nudged me, "Hey Slim." :D Which is really what I needed and I was glad to hear that...all I had to eat Thursday and Friday was ice cream (not that much, in all fairness), Cool Whip, some of Yoplait's 100 calorie, fat free/99% fat free yogurt, smoothies and "healthy" milkshakes, courtesy of Keaghan and her mom! :) So while I was happy (hadn't tasted that stuff in months) I started worrying Saturday, because apparently this lasts for a while and in my now-healthy mindset/happy routine I realized that all I was intaking was dairy for the most part.... :P

And really, what exactly can you eat healthily when you can't chew?? That rules out salads, most veggies, your protein from chicken and such...I was slightly depressed for a moment and wondered, "Good heavens, am I going to gain all the weight back??? Never!!" After rallying the troops and realizing (it was quite a day of realizations) that I was maybe being a tad ridiculous and vain, I quickly settled down, especially as I caught back up with Cristin's blog, Eat Like Me. She's a nutritionist who documents everything she eats by taking a picture of it and posting it on her blog. SO inspiring...especially because she's all for treats and yummy things too! She eats ice cream, Goldfish and mashed potatoes and pasta...

So, long story short, I'm back and getting in the swing of things. We're still doing our morning walks at 5:30 a.m., and I'm eating healthy again...I've fallen in love with smoothies for breakfast - today's strawberry banana was seriously the best I've ever had and it was good for me too! All I did was chop up some strawberries, bananas, throw in some milk, ice cubes, wheat germ and a scoop of vanilla protein powder. Yum.

I just had to type this up because it's the last day of August - fall begins tomorrow! (In my book, anyway...never mind the calender. ;)) I'll be back tomorrow with breakifast, an account of our walk (I hope to turn it into a run!), and of course a tag and two lovely awards to hand out. Au revoir, dearies, and a merry September morning to you all! :)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Kimberly said...

Hi Precious,
I am so glad you are feeling better. We remember the days of Frostys from Wendy's and mashed potatoes for dinner.

We're Trikking over here and you're wogging over there!

Looking forward to your next visit.

Ms. Kimberly

~Jane Austen Wannabe~ said...

Glad you're back up and running...er...walking...er...wogging? XD

Now you've got me craving a smoothie, Precious. ^o^

Hey, don't slam the calendar--it's only 66* here this morning. LOL.

Happy September to you as well, Precious.

~Precious~

Raewyn said...

Hi Mrs. Precious! :D *grins and waves* Oh yes, thank you - so am I! The medicine and wax is really helping. :) Yum...I haven't had one of Wendy's frosties yet since I've gotten braces but they are sounding really good!

You've passed it onto us! ;) I heard from Keaghan y'all are having fun with your new "Trikes" or whatever the contraptions are called...I'm not sure as I'm out of what's "new".

Looking forward to our next visit and gabfest as well!

Precious

Raewyn said...

How 'bout pogging? (Pounding the pavement/walking) ;) Lol...and how was y'all's? Not too cold I hope!

Then make one! It was seriously so good...it's my favorite desert and you get your milk in for the day too! *beams*

Yes, well, the seasons start when the months do for me. ;)

Thanks - now we can make pumpkin waffles, cookies and bread! *hugs*

~Precious

~Jane Austen Wannabe~ said...

Our walk/Trikke went well--I was able to make one lap around the circle on the Trikke. ^o^ Not as easy as it sounds! Then my arms gave out and I walked one lap. LOL.

I might have to--we have a really yummy smoothie mix. I add yogurt to it, too, and that gives it more nutrition--though it *is* full of dried berries!

*drools* PUMPKIN BREAD!!!! *grin* I'm waiting, Precious. *busts out laughing*

~Precious~

Judi said...

Dear Raewyn,

I'm praying for you! *HUGS* I will have to get braces, too, someday :( Must not whimper....

YAY for pain medicine!!!! *Is hoping Grace feels loads better in the days to come*

Love you,
Judi

Raewyn said...

Thank you Judi!! LOl..your prayers have already worked - the pain is pretty much gone now, yay! *happy dance*

Oh, you poor thing...now you tell me when you get them and I will be there with you every step of the way, you hear? And I'll tell you exactly what you can eat and will taste good. HINT: Smoothies will be your best friend. :D

Oh, yes, three cheers for medication!! *feels much better and hugs Judi for thinking of her*