A WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLCOME!!!! And a *cough* update, among other things - such as a meme

A HUGE WELLLLLLLLLCOME TO TWO RANDOM AND PROFOUND TWINS: BRIDGET AND LANTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY FUZZY-WUZZY COUZZZZIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hehehehe.... Yes, I get excited, and when that happens I go into caps and exclamation points. ;)

Anyhoo, the Fuzzy-Wuzzy Cuzzies are brilliantly evil, and hilarious. You MUST go and visit them, and say hi!! Or I refuse to answer comments! *realizes she's already doing that; not necessarily 'refusing', but neglecting* Sorry!!

So here's the update, started last night:
It’s nearly 11:00, but it feels waaay more later….like a unearthly hour. And I know I should go to bed, especially as I’ve been on the computer for hours and my mom is going to come and drag me off any second now. *looks around paraniodly*

(The dictionary, the world, English grammar and spell check say that paraniodly is not a word. The dictionary, the world, English grammar and spell check are WRONG.) (Heh, stole that from one of the AWESOME Evil Twins, Bridget. *hugs*)

I’ve been tagged by my newest ‘sister’, Katie, and she’s my new sister just cuz she’s a Shakespeare ‘freak – like me.’

The rules are: Link to the person who tagged you, list the rules, write six random things about yourself, tag six-ish people by leaving comments on their blogs and let the person who tagged you know that you've written the post.

1. Um……um….here’s one: I am such a huge fan of Lord of the Rings and the characters, I agonize every time I see the movie, read the books or the ridiculous number of fanfics, over who I love more: Frodo, or…. (Come on, you all know what name I’m going to say) Legolas. Cause, well… *wrings hands* I CAN’T CHOSE!! Elijah Wood was not only my first actor crush, but my first character love. And let’s face it, who can withstand those gorgeous blue eyes? The pale skin, the dark curly hair? The fragile Hobbit-strength? The gentleness, the determination?

And then you have Legolas. *swoons* What can I say? I met him before I met Mr. Darcy - no harsh judging please, ladies; I'm swooning over the Elven prince, the CHARACTER.Ok, so First off, he's a ELF! And he's beautiful, and he's kind, and he's a wicked warrior, not mention the BEST archer in Middle Earth and every world on top and bottom. ;) *coughdream* Exhibit A:



*goes slightly mad* LEGOLAS GREENLEAAAAAAAAAAAAF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *dances to the music with stars in her eyes*

Every single time I play this video or watch it, I sqeak. No lie. As soon as the music starts I go, "Eeek!" and "Eeep!" *sigh dreamily and lovingly* Lol...yes, I have a problem. *puts her 'I'm a Legolas fangirl and I have a Serious Problem' button with a picture of that elf's gorgeous face, on.

Now, I'm not obsessed. But...I have had one dream about him (or was it two?)...and I love love LOVE really good fanfics about him. The first real one that was any good, and my ultimate favorite: Lament of the Niphredils. I really, really love how the authoress wrote Legolas. It is NOT a Mary-Sue love fic, but it has the feeling of romance. It's a very sweet story of friendship, and a lovely look at how a mortal and a elf can be close. So, yeah, it's a very sweet story and whenever I think of it, it's with fondness. Most unfortunately, the author seems to have disappeared or forgotten about her fic, because it hasn't been updated since 2005. :( So...it is unfinished, which kills me...I'm hoping and praying she comes back because frankly, I NEED TO KNOW THE END!!!

So in concluding, how can you not love, or even admire that elf, I ask you? :D :D :D Can you imagine having him as your husband? The chivalry, the pure love, the HAIR??? :D

*musingly* One can almost say the same for Aragorn.... *new train of thought* Ooh...Jk!! ;)

. HA! Yep, haven't even got to 2 yet - I'm such a LotR fangirl! Here's one: I painted my fingernails black last night and liked it for about four minutes, and then I missed my nice, clean, natural nails!!!! It just looked so cheap. (I'm not insulting people who do like black nail polish - I know there are a bunch of girls that look great with it. It just didn't look good on me.)

Eeh, like I said, I donno, I just felt so weird...like I had finally succumbed to trendy-ness.

I shuddered, at the though this could be the first step to being a modern teenager. Skinny jeans could come next - then a hair straightener - a cell phone - I had a sudden image of horror, of myself texting on a cell phone with chipped black fingernail polish, wearing contacts, with straightened hair, chewing on bubble gum. With my mouth open. AAAAAAHHHH!!! SAVE MEEEE FROM THE MODERN TEENAGER!!! *hides*

(I actually did straighten my hair once; last November, the night before my mom and I left for Hawaii, and it looked very nice. I liked it a lot. :))

3. I am a computer/Internet addict. Which most of you can probably tell. Heheheheheh. :D I spend way to much time online...and yet I don't update as much as I should. *squirms guiltily*

4. I am a very giggly person, especially when I don't hear what people say. I think I have terrible hearing. I'm constantly asking people to repeat themselves. ;)

Like for instance, at work today, a little bit before I got off, I had another 'incident' with a guy. Lol...I couldn't hear him very well, but I caught the gist of what he said. He basically told me something along the lines of , "You know, you've going to be beautiful when you get older. Just giving you a warning; a head's up!" Then he said something which I didn't catch and added, "just tell her to send 'em to your dad!"

Lol...maybe he was talking about future guys, for my mom to send them to my dad??? Ha. If he had been older I would have been creeped out, but as it was he was like twenty-something, and cute (blushes) and I somewhat know him because he works in the mall. I'm still suspicious that he kind of flirted/hit on me, but what do I know?*cough* So...yeah. Anyways... moving on.

Number 3!! I love music so much. I really don't know if I can express how powerful it is, and how much it means to me. I can't imagine not singing, or even a world without music. Some of my favorite music and songs comes from the world of film, which I love, I think almost as much. Some examples: the Phantom of the the Opera, West Side Story, Beauty and the Beast, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars and countless others. I sing all the time, so much in fact, there have been times where I haven't realized I was singing until someone mentioned it! :D

4. I am a gushy romantic puddle of mush and darn proud of it! As cheesy as Titanic might be I always sob and bawl at the ending... :( It's- it's...just so SAD! *blows nose* I'm both a hopeless and hopeful romantic. Hopeless, because I know there's no cure, and I'll never change. Hopeful because I dream that 'somewhere, out there, there's someone waiting for me...' :) And if it is God's will that I do not marry, I'll still be in love with love. Because that is the most beautiful thing in the world, after God and our Faith.

And when I say 'romance' I don't necessarily mean lots of smooching (through there's nothing wrong with that!;)), but just *sigh* pureness, and real love. :)

5. I have recently fallen back in love with the Disney movies! Pocahontas, Cinderella, Snow White - I'm talking about the old 'real' Disney movies. :) John Smith and Pocahontas are so sweet together. :):):)

Goodbye...




First Glances....

Wow...his skin is really yellow in the last picture. I just realized I got all the way to number 4 and the I started back up on 3...hahaha.

One last thing. For the first time in my life, I have a midterm test. A Latin midterm to be exact, and I'm dreading it. Aah!

Comments

  1. Legolas has freaky eyebrows. Seriously. I can't take him seriously with those eyebrows.

    And thanks to my one friend, I can't take Will Turner seriously anymore either....

    The joys of being a crazy teenage girl who's friends with other crazy teenage girls. :P

    And *who* doesn't love romance? Oh wait...my one friend...who's a guy, so like he doesn't get it. *rolls eyes* Romance=pure awesomeness (when done right, that is; there are some romances that are terrible because like there's no development, not sense of friendship between the characters.)

    Nice to "see" you around again, btw. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *feels very dizzy from all the CAPS and Exclamation Points!!!* :-)

    Hair straighteners aren't bad. Obession with hair straighteners is closely akin to a mortal sin, as far as I"m concerned. I straighten my hair a couple times a month. One of my sister's friends has beautiful curly hair. She straightens it every day.

    I love your picture of a stereotypical teenager, because I see these girls all the time...but I'm not one. Go literary/music/writing nuts! We rock! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *feels very dizzy from all the CAPS and Exclamation Points!!!* :-)

    Hair straighteners aren't bad. Obession with hair straighteners is closely akin to a mortal sin, as far as I"m concerned. I straighten my hair a couple times a month. One of my sister's friends has beautiful curly hair. She straightens it every day.

    I love your picture of a stereotypical teenager, because I see these girls all the time...but I'm not one. Go literary/music/writing nuts! We rock! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU POSTED!!! *SCREAMS* WELCOME BACK!!!! Haha I've missed you!!! Pooky Niece! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh you must see Sweeney Todd! Yeah, "amazing and unbelievably gory at the same time" would pretty much describe it, haha. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Re the modern teenager and straight hair: There seems to be some rule (introduced to many girls via The Princess Diaries movie. Grr) that curly/frizzy hair and glasses = ugly and straight hair and contacts = pretty.

    So by that rule, I'm ugly.
    But I'm not. I know it. So who cares, right? :D

    I just straightened my hair tonight, actually. Just for fun. :D But because my hair is really long and curly, it doesn't look flat and straight like it does on some people (such as my sister, which is why she hates the way her hair looks straightened).

    Hooray for Shakespeare freaks. *waves to Katie, who also tagged her for this meme, and like a silly goose, Delaney forgot about it*

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY!!!! You are back!!! Will you come on the forum sometime soon?
    *wrings hands* Your father's aunt has unexpectadly arrived, and Little Wan and your Aunt Vicki and everyone has dissapeared!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't believe Rose! I did not dissapear! *is insulted* I am on an adventure to help Lanta rescue Cor. BTW, great post! *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my goodness, elijah wood/frodo was my first actor/character crush too!! Ok, mind you that was about 6 years ago...but yea, after fancying frodo came loving legolas too!
    Ooooo, and say no to the modern teenager syndrome! Ha, I have the thickest, long curly hair ever - and yes, my brother does tease me that I desperatley need to straighten it - I think I did it once and it literally took me HOURS. But, don't give in to the bubble gum and black nail polish!! It sounds like the guys (guys you talk about that talked to you at work) seem to like you without your being 'normal' : ) !! Hahaha, nice post after so long a while : )!

    ReplyDelete
  10. GRACE!!!!!!!!! You've been gone for so long...I thought you had fallen off the face of the earth!!
    I was soooooo sad...You've been away for like ever....no one has seen you on their blogs for a very long time...you're falling behind...
    -Judi
    PS: Nice Photos...:D
    PSS: I love Elijah Clark, but *lowers voice to a whisper* I've never seen the Lord of the Rings

    ReplyDelete
  11. So nice to see you around again, Raewyn.

    I must agree with Anilee about Legolas's eyebrows. They are freaky. Come to think of it... I just can't take Orlando Bloom seriously anymore...

    Romance... *high pitch giggle* I love it. It makes me happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, I just watched the clip and (don't kill me) I think Legolus looks like a girl. *hides behind couch to avoid Grace's wrath*

    ReplyDelete
  13. NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Not the *gulps*...moder teenager!!! *runs away screaming*. * comes back slightly more sane*

    I must say that I prefer Frodo to Legolas. I couldn't make up my mind the first time I read the books, but I was sure of it the second time and thereafter. He's kind of a Gary Stu... But hey, WHAT'S WRONG WITH ARAGORN????

    I can totally relate to the
    re-disney movie phase... I mean really, who can't love Beauty and the Beast? Cinderella? ANY of them!! *sighs* I just don't understand some people...

    I found your blog by something or other on the Shakespeare & Showtunes blog, by the way, and I love it! Feel free to check out my blog : Thoughtsofserendipity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Grace, I nominated you for an award!

    ReplyDelete
  15. *waves* hi!

    I tagged you for a meme on my blog, Shakespeare & Showtunes. yay.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I tagged you for an award on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Finally I'm able to leave a comment as me! I forgot my password...
    1. Nice to hear your back!
    2. Every female i know (minus one) loves a soppy romance. What's wrong with the Titanic? What do you think of the Notebook? I saw it once and it made me cry so much i never wanted to see it again... i've forgotten part of it so am having second thoughts about watching it again.
    3. I have the same feelings about succumbing to the worlds average teenager. I'm actually using a... well I'll leave that for later.
    4. Your writing on your blog about a guy you served at work?!? ... Gosh i need to fly over and put a scarf round your eyes so you can't see them and be tempted by evil thoughts. *does impression of a dementor* Ok that was random...
    5. Meh... come by my blog sometime.

    God bless,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ok this is annoying. Your IGNORING me!!! Is it cause I'm Australian? *looks at Grace with cute puppy dog eyes* Eugh that look so does not suit me... Is this cause I haven't commented on your last 2 posts? Well... it wasn't my fault... i mean... *gets lost trying to think of an excuse and stamps foot* Look what you made me do! There is now a hole in the floor! *looks down hole, finds secret tunnel* Thanks Grace! You made me find a tunnel!
    *leaves myspareoom without so much as a goodbye because two can play at the ignoring game and is busy rummaging round for a torch*

    ~Elizabeth~

    ReplyDelete
  19. UPDATE, GRACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. GRACEEEEEEE!! You have a facebook??? I saw you on Edge's..
    -Judi

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Grace! *hugs*
    Kudos for liking LOTR so much, LOL. You can have Leggy and Frodo, but Aragorn is all mine. =)
    ~Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  22. GRACE, WILL YOU PLEASE UPDATE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. *cries* Can I just say how much I missed/love everyone?!?

    'Cause. Really. I do.

    And I am counting my blessings on my fingers right now....I am seriously so blessed and thankful to have you guys. :D :D :D

    So........now here comes the reason why I dropped off the face of the Blogging earth:

    First - our old computer, who I SWEAR has it out for me - Tolkien was right about machinery being demonic!!! - crashed. Again. And AGAIN. And wouldn't work.

    Second - THEN, when we got a brand spanking NEW computer....I lost computer privileges.

    And now I'm turning sixteen in four days AND I WANT MY BLOG BACK! *sniff*

    Ok...rant over. Now to reply to all you amazing people's TWENTY-TWO comments. *faint*

    ....And that last sentence was probably grammatically incorrect....

    ReplyDelete
  24. My dear Anilee,

    Lol...can I call you that? You are dear to me, seeing as how -when I could- I read your blog alls the time... :) (No, that wasn't a typo..)

    *sniffs* Freaky? Are you sure? I've always rather thought they were....beautiful. *looks innocent* Lol...I do have a actual fondness for his face. I don't know that I've ever actually idolized his eyebrows or any particular part of his face...and oh my...I just had the horrifying thought of Orlando Bloom stumbling across my blog and reading this.

    Orli: I'm not one of those freaky/weird/obsessed fan-girls. Promise. :) *makes mental note to severely edit last post* Hehehe...

    Oooh...what did she do to ruin poor Will for you? *waits expectantly*

    *GRIN* I KNOW - aren't we just awesome???

    I am torn between envy that you have a guy friend and affection that you agree about romance. I love it; I really, really do. But like you said, it has to be done properly.

    *winces* I was nearly in tears last night because I suddenly realized that the main character in my book had more possibility/probability of falling in love/ending up with THREE other guys instead of the main guy she's supposed to love!! And they're both supposed to love each other but for some maddening reason their scenes are awkward because he's older, handsome and all-around wonderful, yet it's coming off boring! *collapses*

    Nice to "see" you again too! After. Nearly. Four. Months. *looks apologetic*

    ReplyDelete
  25. I missed this...

    Yes, you may.

    I think they're freaky; it's all Jess's (stargazer's) fault, though. She brought it up. And then when last I watched FotR, I could. not. stop. laughing whenever Legolas appeared. But honestly, up until Jess brought it up, I was okay with his eyebrows.

    And I can't remember what it is about about Will...it probably had to do with Legolas somehow...and it was probably Jess's fault...

    And yes, teen girls can be awesome. If they're the right sort of crazy. "Normal" teen girls don't seem to be it....

    lol...If Orlando Bloom were reading this...it's probably nothing he hasn't heard before. ;) But it's a worthwhile fear, and one that I can relate to. (The "Josh Groban!" thread on Little Red Reading Hood is quite fangirly...)

    Maybe it's a sign that your MC is supposed to end up with someone else?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

'lo!

Please keep in mind words can make one's day, or ruin it...so be kind..thank you!