I nearly died of laughter Friday.... and I got a Award!

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Hey y'all! I know it has been nearly two weeks since I've updated...gah.

Here's a post I started the Friday, before last.

'So... Friday I worked. And nearly collapsed twice because of it. I had mentioned to one of my co-workers the day before (Thursday), I was going to make scones. On Friday she came up to me.

Her: "I never got to try your snow cones."

Me: "....What?"

Her: "Your snow cones!"

Me: (the light dawns) "Oh, you mean my scones!"

I couldn't stop laughing. She had never had one or heard of one - she doesn't care for coffee shops - so she was eager to taste them.

The second thing, that was much more eventful and side-splitting, was:

I usually work in the front at Chick-fil-A, as a cashier or bagger. I was taking a lady's order, handed her drink to her and then noticed the guy behind in line behind her. He looked like he was in his late twenties/29 and he looked like James Mardans as Corny Collins in Hairspray, only with lighter blue eyes. His hair was even slicked back like Corny's!


We had been giving three free chicken strips away to every customer - a sort of Hurricane Relief thing-y, so he came up and told me he wanted the free three strips. I took his order, suggestively selling, ect. I think I amused him, because I'm so short and well...young. He paid with a ten and then gave me three dollars and said, "That's for you."

I started blushing, thanking him profusely. I wasn't sure whether to take it or not because I did want it, but I didn't want to seem greedy by immediately accepting money.

He grinned in disbelief when I handed him his change. "You're not going to take it?" I giggled nervously, going, "Weeell..." when Jessie's sister Gayla, who also works for us, marched over and nearly exploded. "You're saying NO?! Girl, take the tip!" She grabbed it and stuffed it in my pocket.

The guy was having a good time watching, as he dug through his bag, checking his food. He said something about having two jobs and Gayla laughed, "Hey, you can give us all a tip!" One of the other girls up front, Kristen, giggled and said, "Yeah, I'll take a tip!"

The guy handed two dollars over, earnestly saying, "Here you go." Kristen was flabbergasted and refused, saying, "No! She served you," nodding to me. So I ended up with two more dollars.


My face was beet red after he left, and the girls were teasing me about it. So, yeah. Friday was a good day. ;)

Darling Aussie Liz has given me a award, and I'm almost too delighted and giddy for words! This is my first award so it's definitely a event! She gave it to me a week ago, but we were evacuating from Gustav so I had to hold on to it. I'm estactic to receive the SuperCommenter Award from her. Now, according to the rules I have to pick 7 other bloggers to receive the award. Here goes!

Lady of the Rose - My Mamma! She's the first person I grew close to over the web sphere, and is one of the sweetest, wonderful girl; a true Rose in every way.

Escritora - Sweet, funny Edge, who is sadly without electricity in Houston as a result of hurricane Ike; please keep her in your prayers!

Ahh, must fly! I'll be back soon with the other five; chores and bed call!

A side note - just got back from the library with a arm and loadful of books and music. Oh joy!

9 comments:

  1. Haha, that's hilarious! :D You see, there are advantages to being short and cute! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! That sounds like an interesting and enjoyable day. :o)

    -Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Gracey... an award!!!!!!!!!! Thank you dearest! *blushes* Oh, you do know how to fluster me with compliments! Thank you dearie! *big hug*

    Ha, ha... that is such a funny story about all your tips! That must have been either a guy with too much money, or just really nice! I'll go with the really nice.

    Ahhh! I LOVE scones! We have the bestest recipe ever for them... and wheatless too, since my mom is gluten-free. Soooooo good! You could probably make them with wheat flour, so if you want I'll send you the recipe.

    And Library! Oh joy! I just got some Anne of Green Gables books (oh joy!) As well as "Great Expectations". *makes face* Not too sure about that one. ooh! And I just got the movie "Persuasion" as well, can't wait to watch it!

    Glad you are back dear one, I've missed you! We soooooo need to chat, oh, and Paul is hiding from you again.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did it!! You finally Updated!!!! It's about time. I tagged you on my blog, btw, again. :)
    I never thought you were going to update.

    Sounds like you had a great Friday. :D I need a job.....:D
    -Judi

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol! You make me laugh Grace. :) It sounds like a fun day. Keep posting.

    *hug*
    RachelGimli~

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, thats amazing. Getting a tip is great, and you should totally post about this on the board.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just read a big chunk of the Fellowship of the FT Forum blog...umm, you guys should really update.
    -Judi
    PS: I tagged you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet and funny?? Yay! I am still alive, yes, since I'm posting :-) That is SO funny about the guy at Chick-fil-A...I'd love to work at a Chick-fil-A - good food ! :_)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am crying right now...I mean I am seriously mentally sobbing... I wrote this beautiful long reply to all of your comments and now it is gone! *shrieks in frustration and wacks the computer* Ugh. Grr. Gah. Lol...that is really all I can say on the matter.

    Delaney, hee hee! Yes, there are. I get that alot: "You're so cute!"

    *giggles* I was at youth group and another youth group was there, mingling and greeting everyone. One girl I had never met before was hugging a friend and then she turned to me and said, "Hi!! You're so cute!" and pulled me into a hug. ;)

    Thanks Vicki, it was a VERY intersting day. There's a lot of laughs at work which is fun. :)

    Mamma, I'm so glad you liked it! Ah, you deserve it! *hugs her back*

    *gasp* I LOVE scones too! Youm, I love to make chocoalte chip ones with hot cocoa! Oh, please do! I'd love to try that recipie. :)

    AAAAHhh, must go! Loads of hugs to everyone! Hopefully I'll be back as soon as I can to properly reply!

    Judi~ I saw, thanks! I'll do it as soon as I can!

    ReplyDelete