What a night!

Regina posted her reply to the tagg-y thing in the comments, so I thought I'd post it here!

Hi Raewyn!
I'll post my response here if that's okay!

Who’s your all-time favorite author and why?
It's a tie between C. S. Lewis (for his unforgettable phrases and simple narratives and brilliant imagination) and G.K. Chesterton, for his exuberance and humor and robust writing style that can handle writing about both theology and bloody murder.

Who was your first favorite author and why? Do you still consider him/her among your favorites? Madeleine L'Engle used to be my favorite, but I read too much of her. :P Her adult books leave something to be desired.

Who’s the most recent addition to your list of favorite authors, and why? Walker Percy, because I love his humor, which is so dry that you either get him or you don't. And I love, covet his last sentences. The way he ends his novels is graceful and elegant and understated. Love it. My personal favorite of his is not a novel though: it's Lost in the Cosmos: The Last Self Help Book.Oh, and J.K. Rowling for excellence in both plotting and characterization.

If someone asked you who your favorite authors were right now, which authors would first pop out of your mouth? J.R.R. Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, J. K. Rowling, Laura Ingalls, A. A. Milne, Beatrix Potter, Dorothy Sayers, Madeleine L'Engle, Lewis Carroll, T. S. Eliot and others.

Hey I didn't need almost anyone else to your list!

I'm blushing... Wow. So many new authors to read. I need to make my way to the library and check all them out. I have yet to truly get in to Chesterton because I have yet to really read any of his books. I read and loved his Father Brown omibus, so now I need to move on to his other writings.

Got home from basketball, (Yrch!) and decided that I do not like suicides. For any other person (like me), who's world does not revolve around sports, suicides are exercises, running up and down the court and back. First running a few feet and back, then about five feet and back, half-court and back, and finally all the way to the other end and back.

Again.

And again.

Although tonight the coach took pity on us just when I thought I was going to be sick, collapse, pass out and die. He announced to our joy we could run two laps around the court instead. Yes, I know you have to do tons of them. But I did not join the girls' homeschool team to play. I joined for the exercise. Come game time I'm going to be the best water girl that team has ever seen.

I do not like running up and down court; I get sweaty and out of breath.
I am not fit; I get out of breath reeeal easily.
I am not good at basketball; the ball doesn't like me.
I am not a athlete; I. Have. No. Endurance.

Which is why I joined. (take your pick which reason) ;)

Thanks to Paul for the correction and suggestion with the links. See? This is why I have you readers. To catch the stuff I don't. ;)

Comments

  1. Ugh. I can sympathize. I hate exercising too. I was even bad at *kickball* when I was smaller. Everyone picked me first becasue they wanted to be nice. That's a homsechoolong group for you! lol

    And I'm still bad at everything. I haven't improved abit at kickball or any other sport.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww.. that's nice. Yeah, the girls on my team are really nice and encouraging.

    I never really liked or 'got' games like kickball and dodgeball...

    Me too! I'm not a good sporty person either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Though I'm nearly an exercise freak (jogging, dancing, weights, jump ropes, swimming, sweat and soreness = joy), I'm really not that big on organized sports. Tennis was really the only one I ever cared for; aside from that I'd much rather just go out in the woods and run. When a group gathers together for kickball, I'm definitely not the life of the party.

    You definitely should read some Chesterton! [i]The Man Who was Thursday[/i] and [i]Manalive[/i] are two of my favorites among his fictional works, aside from [i]Father Brown[/i].

    Non-fiction-wise, I loved [i]St. Francis of Assisi.[/i]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grace,
    Garrett despises suicides too. :)
    Ms. Cay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clare, that's me too. I love dance, and the idea of exercise...but the sweat and soreness part? Not so much.

    I was just lamemting to one of the girls on the team that night, that the balance in the universie is NOT fair. You can gain weight istantly as soon as you digest the food, but you can't lose it instantly by exercise!

    I'm one of those people that go work out and then look in the mirror, expecting to see results! Like, "What?! I ran for a hour and I still look the SAME? NOOO!!" Lol!:)

    Hello Mrs. Gibson! It's good to hear from you again.

    Really? He doesn't give that impression. He looks very netural about it. I, on the other hand, look like I'm about to start crying when the coach says, 'Line up!' ;)That's very funny. One other thing we have in common beside that our names both start with 'G's! :)

    My mom says hi back, and to tell you that it's a mortal sin for her to attempt them (suicides). She says that's why you'll never see her on a basketball court! Heehee! :)

    We need to get together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ---
    I'm one of those people that go work out and then look in the mirror, expecting to see results! Like, "What?! I ran for a hour and I still look the SAME? NOOO!!" Lol!:) ---

    Grace, hee, hee, I'm the same way. My frustration really mounts after a week of hard exercise and weight lifting. "Good grief, I spent a week acting like some sort of physical fitness freak... I ought to look like one!"

    Ah well, slow and steady. Gardening is great for cardio and strength, and it's extraordinarily enjoyable as well. I'm having a blast with mine.

    Hope you've been doing well, dearie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. *cheerfully* Drudging away like a housewife! Heehee.

    No, we've had a exciting week. My aunt came down to help us de-clutter. My uncle calls her a 'hurricane'! She's really good though... our garage is filled with stuff 'For Sale'! It may be painful, but she gets results. Somewhat like exercise. *laughs*

    It's good hearing from you too! On a side note, I love being called dearie! :) But, hm, what am I to call you?

    Cheers,
    Raewyn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

'lo!

Please keep in mind words can make one's day, or ruin it...so be kind..thank you!