Tagged

Thursday, June 19, 2008


Ah, my best friend. No, not the cat. My best friend, Garra, has a lovely simple black book bag with this piece on the front. As if she wasn't chic enough, she has such a purse...

Randomness..

Anyhoo, I've been tagged by my forum 'cousin', Delaney! Never been tagged, so this is my first. It was Delaney's first tag as well.

Rules Link to the person that tagged you, post the rules somewhere in your meme, answer the questions, tag six people in your post, let the tagees know they’ve been chosen by leaving a comment on their blog, let the tagger know your entry is posted.

Who’s your all-time favorite author and why? J.R.R. Tolkien. Because he manages over and over again to steal my breath away with his beautifully crafted stories, to make my heart ache queerly, and the liquid poetry he writes. Because I don't think there will ever quite be someone like him. Because he poured his Faith in to all he did, because he was a amazing Catholic author and because he wrote of friendship and hope.

Who was your first favorite author and why? Do you still consider him/her among your favorites? I really don't remember. There were so many books, I don't remember the first. The first I can truly remember was Laura Ingalls. I read all her books when I was a little girl and loved them. They were so wholesome and satisfying and so wonderful to me. Yes, I think I do, subconsciously. I'd forgotten about her, and if someone were to ask me about my favorite authors, I wouldn't have listed her. But I still love her books.

Who’s the most recent addition to your list of favorite authors, and why? Stephanie Meyer. Because she wrote a really good vampire love story that I truly enjoyed. She wrote simply, spun a marvelous story, made you fall in love with the leading vampire, and made it familiar. I am somewhat hesitate about reading the third one, because I want to be careful, but she is my new favorite author.

If someone asked you who your favorite authors were right now, which authors would first pop out of your mouth? J.R.R. Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, Regina Doman, J. K. Rowling, Sir Athur Conan Doyle, Agatha Christie, Christopher Paolini, Hilda van Stockum, Joyce West, Constance Savery, L.M. Montgomery, Louisa May Alcott, Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings, Frances Hodgson Burnett, Laura Ingalls, A. A. Milne, Mark Twain, Stephanie Meyer, Shannon Hale and others.

I have to get off, so I'll tag everyone in the morning.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Lady Rose said...

My dear daughter.... *sobs* I am not on your list of blogs????


Here is the link for the Lucy pic on my blog. Tada!

http://images.usatoday.com/life/_photos/2005/05/03/inside-narnia-lucy.jpg

Just copy and paste it into your address bar up on top. =)

Raewyn said...

*gasp of horror* Mamma, I did! But something happened and it took it away. I shall do it right now! :)

My thanks, dearest mother! It is now posted on my profile, but I can't get it on to my blog! What address bar? Help!

Raewyn said...

*giggles* Um, never mind...